Monday 18 May 2009

Been a busy bee...

Since I last blogged... and complained bitterly about Toy r Us, things have moved on apace.
The whole Toys R Us thing has finally resolved... amazing what you can achieve when you start publicising your complaints. A real person actually telephoned us to sort out a refund. We ended up buying the correct Bakugan from a seller in the USA on E-bay and the process was much smoother and definitely faster too.

On the professional front, I was fortunate to be able to attend the very first European conference run by Articulate... a fab software company for e-learning content design and deployment. I picked up loads of hints and tips for future use. Now I just need to generate enough income to be able to afford an upgrade to Studio '09!

In between all this, I have completed my web design course and published my site for my finals. The College and the ACITP examiners get together and mark your work against their criteria. The results arrived on Saturday morning. I haven't felt this nervous since I went to get my degree results years ago. I got to the bottom of the certificate and let out a shout of triumph which scared the dog and the kids. Ooops!
Well it was worth the hard work ... a distinction! I'm still grinning and planning to celebrate all over again this weekend when our family goes to centreparcs for a well-earned treat. I'm picturing myself in the hot tub with a glass of nicely chilled champagne.

However, before I get there, I need to complete some work with PHP and MySql - a voyage into the unknown for me. I have a Dummies Guide to help me :-)

Must go a read up on what to do after making the database and tables.

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment