Friday 3 April 2009

What a busy day...

An interesting start to the day with a poorly dog to contend with. And before I hear "Aw! Poor doggy!" You should know it's entirely her own fault. She is a golden labrador retriever with a bad habit of eating any old rubbish. Yesterday it would appear that she raided one of my composting bins with devastating results on my office floor!

I have set up temporary office in the lounge while the office recovers.

Most of today has been devoted to advertising my fledgling company. So far I can check off LinkedIn profile page and Lookup Page information from my list of things to do. It took a lot longer to write than I thought and was more difficult. I can usually find plenty to say about other people or companies if asked, but writing about me and my company was more demanding.

To throw my brain into sharp relief, I fine-tuned the timings on the presentation I was working on yesterday.

It is amazing what you can do with PowerPoint if you know what all the buttons do. A previously dull PDF on security procedures for a company have been transformed into an animated, interactive presentation with small quizzes at the end of each section. The user must pass each quiz in order to unlock the rest of the presentation and procede to the next chapter.

The quiz questions are based on real-life situations and asks the learner to use the information contained in the section to answer the questions.

The quiz is generated using Articulate Quizmaker, which plugs into PowerPoint seamlessly.

You have a choice of outputs when publishing the presentation including
  • SCORM compliant Flash output for LMS
  • Flash output for web delivery
  • Flash output for CD delivery.
  • Word for those who like paper versions.
I have decided to add voice-over recordings to the presentation for extra panache. I just hope the phone doesn't ring half way through!

Must get a move on instead of writing about it... go do it!

I'll let you know how I get on... with a bit of luck I will have it published to my site over the weekend.

Wish me luck.

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment